From time to time we may collect or request personal information from you in the course of providing you, or by you accessing and using, our Services (as described below). Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
- visit any of our branches;
- use our online services;
- use any of our websites or mobile applications;
- register to receive regular marketing communications from us; and/or
- use any other services we provide now or in the future,
(together, these form “Services”).
Information we collect
The personal information we may collect may include your:
- name, contact details (including those of your key IT personnel), billing information, address;
- credit references;
- details of communications we have had with you including email communications and phone conversations with our staff (which may be recorded to ensure we have an accurate record of your call);
- image (via photograph or film) as you move around our properties.
- Details of users, computers, servers and network infrastructure inside your business
- Contact information and the contents of your email
How we collect information
Where possible we will collect personal information directly from you, for example when you contact us by phone, email or via our website, when you personally meet with our staff or agents or where you use our Services.
- as part of our recruitment processes;
- when you submit an application for employment or contracting opportunities with us;
- by recording calls/electronic meetings you have with our staff;
- through the recording of your image on CCTV footage in and around our properties;
- when you subscribe to any of our newsletters, participate in surveys, competitions or promotions;
Information may also be collected about you from third parties or other sources if you have authorised that collection or that information is publicly available.
By using the Services, you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage. By using our website you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” which you can read at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
How we store and protect your information
Your information will be held by us in one of our New Zealand or Australian locations. We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is stored safely and securely. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure the security of our electronic systems and passwords, our cloud servers and filing cabinets containing personal information.
Security of personal information is very important to us and we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure, unless they have been encrypted. It is your responsibility to protect access to any emails you receive from us that provide access to your account.
How we use information we have collected
We collect personal information in order to provide you with, and allow you to access and use, the Services.
- enable us to provide the services you have contracted with us to provide;
- deal with your support requests, enquiries and any complaints about our services;
- allow you to access and view your account created to receive the services or marketing communications;
- develop and evaluate our products and services;
- provide information to you about our products and services and promotions or benefits which are being offered by us;
- communicate essential information such as warning you about cyber security issues;
- carry out activities required by law or regulatory requirements;
- administration or business functions such as processing your transactions and administering your account;
- consider employing you, for example, carrying out pre-employment checks and to meet our requirements as your employer (where applicable);
- for safety and security purposes;
- carry out credit checks; and
- such other purpose we make known to you at the time of collection of the personal information.
Disclosing your personal information
By using one or all of the Services you agree that we may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section (How we use information we have collected) to:
- a third party who is contracted to us to provide a particular service to you on our behalf;
- a third party who is contracted to us to provide a particular service to us;
- to our appointed payment provider to process your payments for purchases; and
- third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
Direct marketing and consent to receiving messages
When you become a client of Focus and register to receive marketing communications from us, your name and contact details will be added to our database, and you consent to receiving messages from us by email, text message, or physical mail (depending on what information you provide us and your stated preferences).
All commercial electronic messages from us will contain an unsubscribe function if you no longer want to receive commercial electronic messages from us. You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from Focus at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us. We will endeavour to update your account preferences as soon as possible.
Where we collect personal information from you we will only hold and use it for the duration it is required. Once we no longer need it we will securely delete the information within a reasonable timeframe.
Your rights to information we hold about you
You are entitled to request access to personal information that we hold about you and to request us to update or correct your personal information. We will disclose personal information to the relevant individual about whom the information relates where it can be readily retrieved, unless there is good reason (in accordance with the Privacy Act) for not doing so, including where such a disclosure would breach someone else’s rights to privacy and/or the law. We will make a correction if we think it is reasonable for us to do so. If we do not agree with your request, you can request us to take reasonable steps to attach a statement of the correction sought but not made to the relevant information.
To correct or update information we hold about you please contact our Privacy Officer, email@example.com. We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain if you feel that we have not responded to your requests to solve a problem regarding your personal information. You can make a complaint direct to our Privacy Officer; email@example.com.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner. Information about how to lodge a complaint is available on their website.
Last updated: 20th May 2021