In 2023, businesses are leveraging AI to boost efficiencies and cut costs. As AI gains traction across industries, but there’s a mix of fear, excitement, acceptance and doubt in the use of this modern age technology into business.
What is AI?
Before delving into the impact of AI technologies on the business world, it is crucial to establish a clear definition. “Artificial intelligence” encompasses a wide range of computer software capable of performing human-like activities, such as learning, planning, and problem-solving. Using the term “artificial intelligence” to describe specific applications is akin to referring to a car as a “vehicle” – technically correct but lacking in specificity. To gain insights into the prevalent type of AI in business, a deeper exploration is necessary.
To help understand the impact of AI in businesses, we are picking up some insights from a recent Forbes research. Forbes Advisor surveyed 600 business owners using or planning to adopt AI, revealing its significant impact on areas like cybersecurity, fraud management, content production, and customer support, particularly with advanced chatbots.
Here are the key takeaways:
- In 2023, more than 50% of business owners have adopted artificial intelligence for bolstering their cybersecurity and managing fraud.
- Approximately 25% of business owners express apprehensions about how AI might impact their website traffic.
- An overwhelming majority, 97%, of business owners are confident that integrating ChatGPT will significantly benefit their businesses.
- For written content, 1 in 3 businesses intend to leverage ChatGPT to create website content, while 44% plan to utilize it for content creation in different languages.
- Close to half, around 46%, of business owners have employed AI to streamline their internal communications.
- Concerns about becoming excessively reliant on technology due to AI implementation are voiced by over 40% of business owners.
- Nearly two-thirds (64%) of business owners firmly believe that AI will bring about improvements in their customer relationships.
Ways in Which Businesses Utilize Artificial Intelligence
AI finds additional noteworthy applications in business, such as customer relationship management (46%), digital personal assistants (47%), inventory management (40%), and content production (35%). Furthermore, businesses utilize AI for product recommendations (33%), accounting (30%), supply chain operations (30%), recruitment and talent sourcing (26%), and audience segmentation (24%).
Source: Forbes Advisor
ChatGPT on Businesses
One of the most popular AI Tool utilized by businesses is ChatGPT. According to Forbes research on AI, a significant majority of business owners which is a staggering 97%, are optimistic about ChatGPT’s positive influence on their operations. Among these, 74% of respondents foresee ChatGPT playing a vital role in generating responses to customers through chatbots. Chat-based AI can enhance human workflows by automating repetitive tasks and simultaneously offering more engaging interactions with users. Sentiments that AI bots may have the potential to replace real jobs however, it offers automation for certain tasks, yet they lack the abilities that humans excel in, such as critical thinking, creativity, and strategic decision-making. Rather than replacing human expertise, chatbots can complement customer service staff, enabling individuals to concentrate on more intricate and distinctly ‘human’ responsibilities.
A Technology With Enormous Potential
In various business scenarios, tools like ChatGPT hold the promise of enhancing efficiency and productivity by automating tasks typically handled by humans. Nevertheless, as ChatGPT remains a relatively new technology, its capabilities are expected to undergo continuous evolution and improvement in the future.